Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer time

Or what I did on my Summer Vacation. This would be misleading though since I don't leave for vacation for a couple of days and I hope to get lots of knitting done since we will be driving around a bit. Here is the first.

Which became this.
EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket. Knit in Berroco Touche. Modifications: none except that instead of buttons I used I cord. Oh, I also followed the instruction on the knit wiki to avoid color "blips". This picture is pre-blocking and, of course, I forgot to take a picture after I washed it before I sent it off. I do this a lot with gift knitting. This was a gift for a friend of M's who happens to be married to a knitter. Who better to appreciate a knitted baby gift and it's machine washable, a first baby must.

What you ask will I be knitting on vacation. Why this of course.


Particulars: Notre Dame De Grace by Veronik Avery Interweave Knits Summer '07
Yarn: Reynolds, Andean Alpaca Regal in Color 2 (Light Heather Grey)

I am also going to bring some socks to work on. We'll see if I can pull myself away from the sweater. I won't even be able to wear the darn thing until December or January with the way our weather has been this year. We've had an unusually cool summer (barely in the 90s) which usually means a very long warm fall. Not that it gets cold enough to wear alpaca here to begin with.

I'll post pics of the knitting when I get back. I may even get a photo of the BSJ with an actual baby in it. I'm not sure if it fits the baby so we'll see.

No comments: