Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mmm! Yarn


Here it is before I got it out of the box. I was so happy when it came today. I don't enhance my stash often.


Here it is on my bed. It is all from Knit Picks. I love their prices. The brownish yarn is Gloss (70%merino30%silk) in Serengeti and is destined to be socks for me. The dark blue is EssentialSolid (75%superwash25%nylon) in Dusk and will be leggings of a sort for my dad who apparently has cold knees. These are both sock weight. The last yarn on the right is Alpaca Cloud (100% baby alpaca) in Mist. It is a pale purpley blue and will be a lace scarf for me. It is lace weight. Where I live it is rarely cold enough for a full on Alpaca scarf, but a lace scarf that can be doubled up on really cold days will be perfect.

The dyes are for a roving I have and we'll see how that project progresses. As it stands now I have some knitting to do. Now I just need to cast on something. Hey, I did work on my hat while I was in line to vote.

No comments: