Thursday, August 17, 2006

Socks

I finished the socks on the two circs. I have to say it was wonderful to be done with both of them at the same time. I think it would be easier if I got some shorter circs, but that was part of the test, to see if it was worth it. I'd rather buy yarn than needles. I am wanting to do a shawl for some reason I have yet to figure out. It is presently in the 100s (F) here and I'm thinking about shawls and sweaters. I'm sure my friend Cynthia's beautiful Pi Are Squared may be influencing me.

I am also finishing a pair of socks that I started ages ago. Okay a couple of months ago. I found a mistake or rather there is a mistake somewhere and I can't find exactly where. Since I can't find the mistake I've decided that probably no one else will notice it. I had put the socks down so that I could get a little distance and perspective to see if that would help. It didn't. Since I am less than 20 rounds from the top (yes they are toe up socks) I've decided to just work through it. I'm sure as soon as I cast off the mistake will become very obvious.

I need to go through the stash and see what potential projects I have. Usually Sunday is a good knitting day for me since I go to the In-Laws for a few hours with M and A, but I haven't taken anything in weeks. My time has been sucked away since me and M installed new flooring in a measly 590sq feet of our lovely home. It's done now though and I need a project.

No comments: